|What You Need to Know About Directory Listings|
|Thursday, 18 February 2010 14:54|
A majority of time and at any place, people can get information on any topic on the internet. The pieces of information are right at their finger tips and for this reason; businesses fail to realize that search engine optimization methods require much time and effort. Among all the SEO techniques, directory submission is the most time consuming but is very rewarding. However, before you make the final decision about submitting to a directory, here are five things that you should know.
1. How it works: At their most basic level, web directories are simply a list of websites that are broken down by category. So when a company owner wants to submit their site to a directory, you need to know that directories either provide free and paid listings. There are two good reasons that a website owner should use directories.
The first, reason is because the majority of directories have a high page rank, which results in search engines giving high value on links from directories. The second reason, to do directory submission is because they are thought of to be one-way links and search engines as well value highly on one-way links more so than on reciprocal links.
2. How to submit: You, the business owner can decide to submit your website in two ways; manually or automatically. It is possible to submit to a number of directories in a short time frame by using submission software. You can, as well submit a reasonable amount of directories manually. If you take the time to add your URL every day to ten directories then in one month your website will be listed in 300 directories.
3. Manual submission: The only disadvantage to manually submitting your site is that it takes a lot of time. Every directory has guidelines for submission, therefore, when you submit your site, you have to be aware of the rules and regulations and complete a new form.
4. Automatic submission: Submitting automatically also has a set of problems that you have to concern yourself with. The directories are controlled by humans, and they review submissions that come through. If the automatic directory submission software does not take into consideration the guidelines of the directory then the submission has good chances of being rejected. There is even a possibility of your site being banned if the guidelines are not being followed at.
5. Become successful: Think of submission as a volume game. The more directories that your website is submitted to, the more chances you have of getting your submission accepted. So you can choose any method that works best for you.
If you need help deciding on which method you should use for directory submission you can always attain the help of professionals. They can aid you in deciding on the best decision based on your circumstances.
Localtype.com has an extensive listing of local directories check it out here.
|Articles You May Like|