|10 Marketers You Should Follow On Twitter|
|Saturday, 10 April 2010 09:59|
Following marketing experts on Twitter is a great way to get the latest opinions on developments in the business world. Here is a list of 10 top marketers that you should follow on Twitter.
1. Neil Patel – Owner of quicksprout.com, Patel co-founded internet marketing companies Crazy Egg and KiSSmetrics. These firms worked with General Motors, Hewlett-Packard, Viacom and other corporations in achieving site monetization. Patel was named a top 100 blogger by Technorati when he was only 21 years old.
2. Andy Beal – A prolific author and blogger, Beal has worked with large corporations like NBC and Motorola. He is a regular consultant with ABC News, BusinessWeek, Forbes and Inc. Magazine.
3. Jeff Jarvis – BuzzMachine blogger Jeff Jarvis is the author of “What would Google do?, and an associate professor of interactive journalism at the City University of New York’s Graduate School of Journalism. He is also the consulting editor and a business partner at Dalylife, and a columnist for The Guardian newspaper.
4. Rand Fishkin – He runs SEOmoz.com, a leading SEO software provider. He has authored a book on search engine optimization and was listed as one of the 30 Best Young Tech Entrepreneurs Under 30 by BusinessWeek. He also writes articles for various major news publications.
5. Shama – Called the “online marketing shaman,” Shama Kabani is mistress of The Marketing Zen Group, an internet marketing company. Shama is a frequent speaker on web marketing subjects and her blog is located at shama.tv.
6. JD Lasica – A social media expert, Lasica is known for his in-depth analysis of trends in social media and social networking. He was listed as a top 100 media blogger by CNET. He founded Socialmedia.biz, which provides regular news and articles, and also offers consulting services.
7. NewspaperGrl – Janet Meiners Thaeler knows the public relations business and she is a regular writer for the American Express Open Forum and Small Business Trends. She specializes in working the press online, and has written a book about it: “I need a Killer Press Release.” Newspaper Girl is also the social media expert for marketing website OrangeSoda.com.
8. Muhammed Saleem – A graduate in economics, Saleem writes about social media and internet advertising. In addition to his own blog, he writes guest articles for a large number of well-known blogs and sites including techcrunch and problogger. In 2009, Saleem was placed in charge of the social media department at the Chicago Tribune.
9. Peter Kim – A major thinker and speaker, Kim is the managing director for North America at Dachis Group. He was worked with many major corporations including Coca-Cola, Apple, Dell, Boeing, Nokia, AAA and Eddie Bauer. A noted researcher on internet marketing.
10. Pete Cashmore – Founder and CEO of Mashable –The Social Media Guide. Cashmore started this popular tech website from a small town in Scotland. The site provides first rate analysis of social networking trends and news. Mashable.com has been rated among the top 10 blogs in the world by Technorati. Cashmore updates his Twitter site quite frequently.
Of course, there are a lot of other marketing gurus that post on Twitter that are not listed here. The list above is a good way to get started, and you will likely find others worth following since the top marketers tend to network with each other on the site.
|Articles You May Like|